The Bosch GTS1031 Table Saw is Bosch’s 10-inch compact portable job-site table saw and has a no-frills, bare bones design aimed squarely at contractors (or anyone else) who wants a table saw that’s easy to carry around and set up but tough enough to withstand whatever treatment you give it when you get there.
A lot of thought has gone into the design and both the easy way you can carry it around and its durability are down to the all steel roll-bar cage body, a design it shares with the Dewalt DW745.
What to Look for When Buying a Table Saw
The central tool in almost all cabinetmaking shops is the table saw, probably the most useful single tool the average woodworker is going to have, because the work it does serves as a base for everything that comes afterwards. There are 3 main types – bench top, contractor and cabinet saw – with bench top table saws being the lightest, used most often by contractors and other people who need a lightweight, portable job-site saw.
Powerful 15 Amp Motor
Despite its compact and lightweight design, the Bosch GTS1031 still has a powerful 4.0-hp 15 Amp motor which gives you plenty of power and cuts beautifully giving you a nice clean cut, even in hardwoods.
Smart Guard System
The Bosch GTS1031 uses Bosch’s Smart Guard System, which is much the same as Dewalt’s system and is a three part modular system consisting of the blade guard, anti-kickback pawls and riving knife. The guard and riving blade can be removed easily and clipped right onto the unit, so you don’t end up leave it behind when you go.
In line with pretty well every table saw on the market, even including expensive cabinet saws, the miter gauge that is supplied with this saw is fairly basic. If you plan to do a lot of cross cutting then you should consider investing in an after market miter gauge. There are some excellent miter gauges on the market and you can read reviews of the best of them at Miter Gauge Reviews
Whether you are working on site or in the workshop, dust extraction is very important, and the Bosch GTS1031 has a 2-1/2″ dust collection port that you can attach to a Shop-Vac to safely and efficiently extract dust from the work area.
Sturdy and portable design
This is where this saw really comes into its own. It’s been designed to be a portable jobsite saw and has all the standard features you would expect plus some nice touches – the whole thing has been well thought out
- It’s extremely easy to carry one-handed – the roll-bar body has a padded handle right in the center of one of the sides and it’s very well balanced when holding it by the handle
- The roll-bar body also mean it’s very easy to store because it can be placed on its side – so it takes up less space in the shop or the back of your truck
- Everything can be stored under the table – the rip fence, guard, miter gauge, push stick and wrenches can all be clipped into place under table for maximum protection during transport and storage
You can find the GTS1031 for around $350 on the web Click here to view on Amazon
What’s in the box?
The package includes everything you need to get going – GTS1031 10″ Portable Jobsite Table Saw, 24-tooth TCT saw blade, rip fence, smart guard, miter gauge and wrenches.
What are other people saying?
The Bosch GTS1031 Table Saw has received a lot of excellent comments from users
- “It Doesn’t Get Better Than This!”
- “A great product. Worth every penny. You can’t go wrong”
- “Beautiful little table saw”
- “Probably the best made TS in this price range. Way to go Bosch…”
- “The Bosch is a pretty sweet little piece of engineering”